This project aims at enabling the schools to partially handle the financial losses suffered due to learners who cannot meet their obligations. Also to assist learners with specific needs within the framework of the project.
The project also complies with the Institute's vision, namely: Needs driven welfare service in a Christian spirit for learners with special educational needs.
Project Sunshine – to offer the needy disabled child an equal opportunity.
An amount of R650 000 will in 2012 be made available to schools to address the following:
- Schoolbags for school beginners and stationery
- School, boarding and transport costs
- Winter clothing
- Toiletries and clothing
- Aid to achievers for academic, sport and cultural activities
- Special equipment such as Braille machines, wheelchairs, hearing aids, etc
- Any other need as identified by the schools